Send us your rap song about your favorite person in U.S. history. The winners will be featured on this site!
The Broadway play Hamilton shows how inspiring a person from our past can be today. We’re challenging you to create your own rap song (either audio or video-details below and on this site) about a person from U.S. history who intrigues, excites, or challenges you.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR ENTRIES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN
- Contest is sponsored by Carus Publishing Company d/b/a Cricket Media (“Sponsor”), 70 East Lake Street, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60601.
- Contest entry is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, age 9–14 at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Children, immediate family members, and members of the household (whether related or not) of employees of Sponsor or of its affiliates are not eligible to participate or enter.
- Your contest entry (an audio or video file) must be your very own original work. Ideas, images, and/or words may not be copied nor previously published. Entry not to exceed two minutes in length. Submissions must be under 2 GB in one of the following allowed file types: mp3, wav, aac, aiff, m4a, ogg, flac, wma, mp4, avi, 3gp, webm, mkv, mov, mpg, flv, wmv, m4v.
The Entry cannot contain any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful matter, depict anyone engaged in any illegal, immoral or lewd act, or contain any violent or pornographic material or any other inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor.
- Your online entry must be uploaded as part of an electronic Submission Form and be accompanied by a completed and signed Permission & Release form from your parent or legal guardian which confirms that your entry is your own original work, that it has not been previously published, that the entry does not violate any privacy or other rights of a third party appearing in the entry (and that you have permission to include), and granting Sponsor permission to publish selected entries (the “Winning Entries”) on the websites of Sponsor or its affiliates, and in COBBLESTONE™ Magazine. One or more Winning Entries may be provided with the opportunity by Sponsor to be interviewed for an article in a future COBBLESTONE™ Magazine, and would be required to execute (parent/legal guardian) additional documentation. If any person appearing in the Entry is under the age of majority in their state of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on a signed release. Upon Sponsor’s request, each Entrant must be prepared to provide (within 7 calendar days of receipt of Sponsor’s request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the Entry submission (or parent in the case of a minor) and/or from the third party owner of any material that is displayed in the Entry, which release “authorizes the use of the releasing party’s image, voice or material by Sponsor, its affiliates, and authorized distributors for any purpose, including but not limited to promotional purposes, and including without limitation display on the Sponsor’s websites, in any media now or hereafter known, without any attribution or compensation.”
- Be sure your first name, age at time of entry, and full address appear on the required Entry form(s).
- Submit Entry online at http://challenges.epals.com/hamilton beginning at 12:01 a.m. ET on October 1, 2016 and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET, October 25, 2016. Incomplete entries will not be considered. Entries become the property of Sponsor. Only one entry per person, please-multiple entries will not be considered.
- Sponsor and its representatives will judge the entries by creativity and artistry of the Entry, and anticipate announcing the Winning Entries on or about November 18, 2016.
- By entering, you agree that Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, and representatives shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with your participation or inability to participate in the Contest; or interruption or inability to access the Contest. Each Entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates and representatives from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the operation of the Contest for any reason.